ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors released version 6.0.0 two days ago with UI scaling, many other new features, and countless bug-fixes.
OnlyOffice (formerly TeamLab) is a free software office suite developed by Ascensio System SIA, a company headquartered in Riga, Latvia.
The Desktop Editors is for offline use on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. It is fully compatible with Office Open XML formats: .docx, .xlsx, .pptx. And it’s made of:
- Document Editor
- Spreadsheet Editor
- Presentation Editor
The latest v6.0.0 was released with features include:
- Option to adjust UI scaling (Windows, Linux)
- Auto-fit settings for shape
- Ability to insert special characters
- Selecting an image from storage for watermarks, shapes and slides filling
- Added an auto-correction list
- Redesign of color selection component
- Ability to change a position and size of chart elements
- Hotkey Ctrl + 0 for zoom resetting
- Changed a behavior of hiding icons in tabs when editor window is reducing
OnlyOffice Desktop Editors 6.0.0 also contains Document Editor updates including ability to insert date and time, print selection in view mode, etc; Spreadsheet Editor updates including full support of pivot tables, ability to move a sheet from one workbook to another, print titles, new component for cells selection, new hotkeys and mouse actions, and more; and Presentation Editor updates including ability to print selection in view mode, redesign of bullet and numbering list menu.
See the software screenshots (click to enlarge):
How to Get OnlyOffice Desktop Editors for Linux:
The software offers Linux, Windows, Mac OS packages as well as the source code available to download at the link below:
For Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint based systems download & install the
.deb package. For Fedora, openSUSE based systems, grab the
The office suite is also available as SNAP package (official) and FLATPAK package. Both are universal Linux package formats run in sandbox.