MPV, an open-source MPlayer / MPlayer2 based media player, released version 0.33.0 today with numerous improvements.
The build system of MPV now is only supported on Python 3 with Python 2 support having been dropped. GLX support is now disabled by default in favor of EGL.
Release highlights in MPV 0.33.0 include:
- add option to filter subtitles by regex
- add optional separate video decoding thread
- add exclusive fullscreen support for Direct3D 11
- Support HiDPI on Windows.
- 10bit support for X11.
- add software rendering API
- add scaletempo2 filter based on chromium
- drop Python 2 support.
- supports automatically loading external cover art files
- terminal video output support using Sixel
- better resizing on wayland.
How to Get MPV 0.33:
For Windows, MacOS, Linux binary packages as well as source code, go to the official installation page:
For Ubuntu, there’s an PPA available though it’s not been updated to v0.33 at the moment of writing: