OBS Studio, Open Broadcaster Software, finally released version 27.0.0 after 6 release candidates.
OBS Studio is a free and open-source cross-platform streaming and recording program. The latest 27.0 release features undo /redo function, which is available either under ‘Edit‘ menu or by pressing Ctrl+Z / Ctrl+Shift+Z on keyboard.
Display Capture on laptops now allows for capturing displays on different GPUs. For Linux, the software now runs as a native Wayland application. Capturing uses PipeWire is also supported for Ubuntu 21.04 onward.
Other changes in the release include:
- Add a missing files warning when loading scene collections
- Add service integration and browser dock support to macOS and Linux
- Noise Suppression filter now supports NVIDIA Noise Removal for Windows user.
- Add a Track Matte mode to stinger transitions
- Added support for SRGB texture formats.
- Add 1080p and 4K presets for Mac OS
- And various bug-fixes.
See What’s New via Video.
The OSB Studio offers a short video talking about the new features in version 27.0.0:
How to Get OBS Studio:
For the source tarball, as well as Window and Mac OS packages, get them from github project page:
For Ubuntu users, an official PPA is available with all current Ubuntu releases support.
For all Linux, OBS Studio is also available as Flatpak package which runs in sandbox.