Lightworks 2021.1, the professional non-linear video editing software, was released, which is probably the biggest release in the last ten years!
The overall foundations of Lightworks in 2021.1 have been rewritten, allow media to be imported and played in natural size and frame-rate. The new release also added support for macOS 11 (Big Sur).
Other changes include:
- Completely remove the project limitation frame-rate.
- Ability to select “Playback format” for sequences.
- Lightworks Pro users can now define their custom output formats.
- Add resolution preservation.
- Social media custom format templates ‘Square’ and ‘Portrait’ (for Pro users)
- New ‘Associates’ tab below the source viewer with new set of powerful tools.
- Proxy generation improvements when working with 4K media.
- UI improvements, new translations.
How to Install Lightworks 2021.1 in Linux:
The software offers official
deb for Debian / Ubuntu / Linux Mint, and
rpm package for Fedora based systems.
Just grab the package matches your Linux distribution and click install via system package installer / manager: