Raspberry Pi OS, the official operating system for Raspberry Pi hardware, got an update a few days ago with updated Kernel, software packages, and bug-fixes.
Raspberry Pi OS (formerly Raspbian) is a Debian-based operating system comes with over 35,000 packages. The most recent release named 2021-01-11 features Chromium 86.0.4240.197, Linux kernel 5.4.83, Epson printer drivers. As Adobe Flash has reached end of life, the new version removed the flash player along with Scratch 2 that requires it.
Other changes in the release include:
- Screen reader support enabled in Chromium
- Added timeout to hide messages from USB device monitor after 5 seconds
- Raspberry Pi firmware update
- Updated translations.
- Bug-fixes to Chromium video playback, Chromium Google Maps, VLC video playback, PulseAudio output, and so forth.
- Read the full changelog for more.
How to Get Paspberry Pi OS:
An installer to install the OS from Linux, Windows, Mac OS, as well as the iso image are available in the official software web page: