LXQt, the lightweight Qt-based Linux Desktop Environment, has announced the 1.3.0 release!
The new LXQt 1.3.0 is still based on Qt 5.15 LTS, since Qt6 so far still lacks a stable KF6. Though, the developer team is working in process on Qt6 support.
lxqt-sudo, the tool to launch graphical application with administrator privilege, has been updated in the release with
doas support. Like
doas is a command line program to execute command as another user, but it is substantially smaller in size.
The release also adds support the newer 4.0.0 version of procps-ng system utilities (e.g., free, ps, top) for monitoring your system and processes.
Other changes in LXQt 1.3.0 include:
- Ability to switch (or disable) smooth scrolling for all view modes in file manager.
- QTerminal fixes for better Wayland support.
- Improve the window manager and system tray detection.
- Prevent desktop items from shaking on config changes.
- Add a title for Desktop
- Use ‘New file’ as default name when creating new file.
- Enable DOM plugin by default in compilation.
- Use SVG as default for app icons.
- See the release note for details.
How to Get LXQt 1.3.0
For the source, you may get it from the github releases page.
For Arch Linux, LXQt 1.3.0 has been made into the Community-Testing repository. Usually, it will be made into Community (official) repository in next few days.
For Ubuntu, please keep an eye on the LUbuntu Backports PPA.