Linux Mint 21.2 is finally available to download after a few weeks of Beta testing!
Linux Mint 21.2, code-name “Victoria”, is a long term release with support until 2027. As you may know, the new release features Cinnamon Desktop 5.8 with touchpad, touchscreen gestures support!
In ‘System Settings‘, there’s now a ‘Gestures‘ option, allowing to setup:
- 3-finger/4-finger swipe actions.
- 2/3/4-finger pinch actions.
- activation thresholds.
Though, you need touchpad/touchscreen hardware, and the touchegg service for it to function.
The Themes setting page has been redesigned. The theme now called ‘Style’. And, each has light, dark, and mixed color scheme, along with a selection of accent colors.
Other changes in Linux Mint 21.2 include:
- Xfce 4.8
- MATE 1.26
- Add XDG Desktop Portal for better Flatpak apps support.
- Multiple keyboard layouts support in login screen.
- on-screen keyboard layout is configurable.
- Add AVIF/HEIF and JXL support for Pix image viewer.
- No longer have stripe in folder icons.
- Adobe Illustrator documents support.
For more about Linux Mint 21.2, see the official release note (not ready at the moment of writing).
Download Linux Mint 21.2
The Linux Mint download mirrors have added the new
.iso images for downloading. Just go to link below, choose a download mirror near to you, then go ‘
Stable -> 21.2‘ for the dico images:
The main download page is not ready at the moment of writing, though it should be updated soon in next few hours!