Free open-source 3D racing game ‘Stunt Rally’ got a new major release after 6 years of development!
The new Stunt Rally 2.7 features new logo, 34 new tracks, as well as 130 tracks renewed with new Rocks, Particles, buildings, objects.
The release also introduced 7 new vehicles. They are:
- HI Hyena – new default rally car
- SX Jaguar – new very fast car, for all tracks
- BE Gazelle – normal size bike, fast and agile
- U6 Beetle – (too) fast 6 wheeled terrain vehicle
- U8 Caterpillar – 8 wheeled terrain vehicle, like a bus
- MO Rhino – monster truck, has issues
- 3B Scorpion – 3 balls futuristic racer, tricky, too wide, can’t drive in pipes
There are as well new driving aid, trail on road on racing line, new 2nd level main menu “New game”, with game modes. New rocks (38 models), 0 A.D. buildings han*, maur*, clouds, fires, smoke, radioactive etc on tracks, better fps on big tracks, and better looking grass wind.
Other changes in Stunt Rally 2.7 include:
- Sorted Pick lists, added separators and rating column in editor.
- Many Roads possible in editor.
- Glass only pipes – Ctrl-9,0 – hides road wall for segment
- Mouse edit moves based on distance
- New tabs in game Help
- New params in .car and fixes for new vehicles
- Add Conan build system
- Remove 2 Super Racing cars, 5 VDrift cars and 4 tracks
How to Install Stunt Rally in Linux:
The game provides EXE installer for Windows in the Github releases page.
For most Linux, it’s available to install as universal Flatpak package. And, you may follow the steps below to install it in your Linux.
1. Enable Flatpak Support
Some Linux, such as Fedora, Linux Mint, Pop! OS, has out-of-the-box support for Flatpak. Users of those Linux Distros can just skip this step.
For Debian, Ubuntu and their based systems, first open terminal from start menu, and then run command:
sudo apt install flatpak
Other Linux users can follow the official setup guide to enable Flatpak support:
2. Install Stunt Rally as Flatpak
The game package is available in Flathub repository. Most Linux users can open terminal and run command below to install it, after enabling Flatpak support.
flatpak install https://dl.flathub.org/repo/appstream/org.tuxfamily.StuntRally.flatpakref
Finally, search for and launch the game from system start menu or ‘Activities’ overview just like normal applications.
Uninstall Stunt Rally
To remove the game as Flatpak, open terminal and run command:
flatpak uninstall --delete-data org.tuxfamily.StuntRally
Then clear useless runtime library via
flatpak uninstall --unused command.